From pioneer to technology leader in machine vision: With high-tech products and a team distinguished by its passionate dedication, the VITRONIC Group is setting new standards for tomorrow today. Despite uninterrupted growth, we have maintained a corporate culture based on respect and partnership. Challenging tasks, something new every day, a family feeling, individual development paths—with 750 employees at the Wiesbaden site and a further 150 worldwide, we have a lot to offer.
We are looking to fill the following position as soon as possible:
Service Technician (m/f)
VITRONIC have been represented in the UK since 2005 and opened an office in Lichfield in 2014. We are looking to expand our service capabilities into the UK with the appointment of a second Service Technician.
Able to work independently or as part of a team the main focus will be problem solving hardware & software related issues on VITRONIC image processing systems for Logistics (VIPAC), see www.vitronic.com for more information.
- Mechanical and electrical installation, commissioning, configuration and delivery of complete plants on site to our customers.
- Repair and maintenance of our systems at customer sites.
- Fault diagnosis and solution by teleservice and remote connection.
- Support the development of test systems in Wiesbaden.
- Conducting trials & demonstrations at Customer sites.
- Assist in the preparation of customer sales & service quotations.
- Potential to expand capability to VITRONIC’s Traffic & Industrial applications.
- Qualified electrical engineer (work will be 80% electrical, 20% mechanical)
- Good knowledge of PC and network technology.
- Autonomous, independent, flexible & reliable.
- Customer orientated.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experienced Service Technician.
- Able to work throughout Europe when required for short durations.
- Flexible working hours to suit demanding customer requirements.
- UK resident, preferably in the West Midlands region.
- Knowledge of German would be an advantage, but not essential.
Extensive training will be provided at our head office in Wiesbaden, Germany
On-the-job training with VITRONIC engineers at sites throughout Europe
- An interesting and challenging position in an international, family-run, high-tech business
- A corporate culture unique in the sector despite the company's size
- Flat corporate structures, “open door” policy, an informal atmosphere and a modern working environment
- An open-ended employment contract
Can you picture working together with us to successfully shape this exciting and challenging position? Then send your complete online application to Gerhard Roth, group leader service department. Please indicate the reference number VIT-1707.-1008, your earliest possible starting date, and your salary expectations.
Do you have any questions regarding the position or have you not yet found anything suitable? Sascha Strack from the HR Team will be pleased to advise you about your options.
Phone: +49 611 7152 698
VITRONIC Dr.-Ing. Stein Bildverarbeitungssysteme GmbH
Trent Business Centre
Eastern Avenue, Lichfield
+44 1543 728 781
Please contact us.