Inspection and Testing of Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastics (GFRP) and Carbon Fiber reinforced Plastics (CFRP)
Fiber and plastic compounds such as GFRP and CFRP are finding their way into large-scale industrial production. Both CFP and GFP inspection using machine vision will therefore play an important role here in the future as the greater the level of automation, the more efficient the production process.
Machine vision solutions from VITRONIC inspect contours and surfaces in line with the relevant production cut or support the automated handling processes.
Examples of Machine Vision Systems for CFRP and GFRP Inspection:
- Surface inspection of the web material: the quality of the web material can be checked using machine vision solutions during its production or, at the latest, after its delivery. The automated check for specified fault criteria prevents defective material being used in the downstream production process
- Surface inspection of the fiber mats in the mold: once fiber mats have been placed in the mold, an automatic inspection can be conducted to check the fiber arrangement and whether there are any web faults, which could pose problems or even impair the rigidity of the finished CFRP/GFRP.
- Contour inspection of the CFRP/GFRP: once the edges have been cut, a contour inspection can be conducted. This ensures that there are no remaining protruding fibers etc.
- Surface inspection of the CFRP/GFRP: the complete CFRP/GFRP part can be checked for defects such as blisters, inclusions or folds using a surface inspection.
- Robot vision: during automated handling, machine vision can be used to determine the position and dimensional accuracy of the cuts.
Whichever machine vision inspections you require, you will always receive 100 percent certified quality.
Sales Manager, Industrial Automation Division
Would you like to learn more
about our solutions and services?
or call us at
+49 611 7152 356
Visit us at the trade show:
- 30 years’ experience in machine vision means machine vision solutions that work
- Quality inspections, surface inspections, contour inspections and robot vision are the tools of the trade that we demonstrably implement in many sectors with great success
- We have excellent process knowledge, and can thus advise our customers even from the production planning stage