Fully-Automated Volume Measurement Optimizes the Flow of Materials and Ensures Smooth Workflows
In the logistics industry, ever-increasing numbers of shipments have to be processed within ever-shrinking timeframes. At the same time, customer requirements are becoming increasingly exacting in terms of transparency and service quality. This means that precise measurements of the volume and weight of goods shipments are indispensable for e-commerce and retail. This data can then be used, for example, for loading optimization, for registering the goods with the forwarding agent, for automatic invoice creation, and for accurate calculation of shipping costs.
VITRONIC's automatic volume measurement system enables contact-free volume measurement of any object in motion, reliably compares the data actually captured with the data declared – even at high conveyor speeds and in difficult conditions, and provides the basis for optimizing logistics workflows and the utilization of storage capacities. Automated high rack warehouses also benefit from fully automatic contour inspection. Our systems detect potential deformations in packages during the goods inward process, thus preventing malfunctions in the automatic warehouse technology.
The benefits to you:
- Smooth flow of goods in warehouses and distribution centers – from package recording in the goods inward department, through order picking, to sorting and shipping of your products.
- available as a stand-alone system or as a turnkey solution – comprising auto ID, automatic volume measurement and in-motion weighing scale
- contact-free, reliable and efficient volume measurements of cuboid or any other objects in motion
- reliable volume measurement at conveyor speeds of up to 3 m/s
- offers maximum measurement accuracy
- if required, can detect defects in detail on five sides of the object, so that only boxes in good condition to be transported are automatically placed in stock
- certified measurements on crossbelt and tray sorters, as well as conveyor belts
- the data acquired from volume measurement can be fed into statistics that form the basis for optimizing internal goods flows
- recognizes conveying aids
Sales Manager, Logistics Division
Would you like to learn more
about our solutions and services?
or call us at
+49 611 7152 221
Visit us at the trade show:
VIPAC D1 enables contact-free volume measurement of rectangular, dimensionally stable objects in motion, with maximum measuring accuracy, and recognizes conveying aids. VIPAC D1 provides certified measurements on crossbelt and tray sorters and conveyor belts, and comes with an alibi memory.
VIPAC D2 measures, in motion, the volume of rectangular and any other objects with maximum measuring accuracy, optionally detects deformations in detail on five sides of the object, and comes with an alibi memory. VIPAC D2 provides a combination of different functionalities, e.g. simultaneous deformation detection.
The VIPAC D3 volume measurement system is a certified solution for measuring any loaded pallets of a very large size. VIPAC D3 enables rapid, reliable weighing and measuring in a single work step, at the highest possible resolution (20mm x 20mm x 10mm) with maximum measuring accuracy.
VOLUMEC HD captures highly accurate volume data for any objects and detects deformations. VOLUMEC HD captures the volume of packages and its certification also makes it ideal for legal-for-trade applications.