Precise Data for Performance Diagnostics and Sports Medicine with the VITUS 3D Body Scanner
Medical centers, doctor's offices, institutes, sport medicine facilities and universities are all capturing anthropometric data for patient treatment and athlete care. This data can be applied for the monitoring and documentation of treatment progress for patients as well as for performance diagnostics for athletes.
In addition, anthropometric data are used in the making of artificial limbs, and in the writing-up of clinical studies and expert reports. The measurement methods must always be reliable and efficient and avoid placing a strain on the body being measured.
The VITUS BODYSCAN 3D body scanner can, in some cases, replace methods such as X-ray that involve exposing the body to radiation. Scans pose no risk of any kind to the body or eyes. All relevant anthropometric data is captured reliably, efficiently and in a way that is gentle on the body. This has been analyzed and substantiated in several studies.
VITUS BODYSCAN, the 3D body scanner from VITRONIC, images the human body automatically and without contact. A comprehensive, 3-dimensional image of the body surface area is generated within 12 seconds.
A distinction is made between two main functions – visual diagnostics and measuring.
3D body scanner in performance diagnostics
A 3D image of the human body enables different aspects of posture to be highlighted and a posture analysis to be performed. Specially developed tools are available for this:
- Variable horizontal and vertical levels for posture control, such as for determining deformities
- Color-coded depth profiles for assessing the symmetry of individual body parts, such as the spline
The measurement function allows anthropometric data to be captured. This enables the recording of various data, including:
- Lengths/heights: of for example thighs, legs, shoulders, SIAS height
- Angles: of, for example, the mechanical axis, pelvis, angle of lordosis and angle of kyphosis
- Girths and cross-sections (also for complete body segments as diagram)
Application Areas in the Medical Field
- Screenings of body development of children and adolescents
- Trade association examinations, such as occupational check-ups and expert reports
- Control and documentation of treatment progress as pre/post comparisons, such as for physiotherapy treatment and surgical intervention
- Assistance in plastic and reconstructive surgery for planning operations base on the 3D image
- Making of scoliosis corsets
- Posture analysis
- Vascular surgery and orthopedic mechanics for making adapted artificial limbs
Application Areas in Research
- Anthropometric studies
- Conducting of cohort studies
Sales Manager, Industrial Automation
Would you like to learn more
about our solutions and services?
or call us at
+49 611 7152 249
+49 174 2081 249
Visit us at the trade show:
- Non-contact, three-dimensional capturing of the human body in just 12 seconds
- Reliable documentation and measurement system
- Clinically tested precision and measurement reproducibility
- Objective measuring
- Less work and lower costs than manual data capturing
- No risk to health – no exposure to rays
- Highest quality and reliability thanks to many years’ experience with 3D body scanners
|Measurement principle||Optical double triangulation|
|Number of sensor heads||8|
|Interface||LAN, USB 2.0|
|Measurement accuracy||Average max. circumference
errors significant < 1 mm
|Scan time||approx. 9 to 14 s|
|Point density||300 points / cm³|
Height x Width x Depth
2,1 m x 1,2 m x 1,2 m