Conditions of Use for VITRONIC Image Material
The following conditions apply to the use of VITRONIC image material, such as photographs, logos, graphics and other image and video files (referred to hereinafter as "image material") that are made available on the web pages of VITRONIC Dr.-Ing. Stein Bildverarbeitungssysteme GmbH (referred to hereinafter as "VITRONIC") and can be downloaded by users from there, or that are made available by VITRONIC employees in another manner, such as via e-mail or FTP transfer.
The image material made available by VITRONIC may be used free of charge subject to these exclusive conditions of use.
- The image material is protected by copyright, and all of the required rights are owned by VITRONIC. VITRONIC does not provide any guarantee of quality or of the suitability of the image material for a particular purpose.
- VITRONIC grants the user a simple, one-off, non-exclusive and non-transferable right of use that is limited in terms of content.
- The image material may be downloaded and used free of charge by journalists, customers and service and distribution partners of VITRONIC for press releases, publications in print and online media, film and TV publications and multimedia publications. Any additional use for private or commercial purposes is not permitted.
- The image material must not be used out of context or in a negative way that could misrepresent VITRONIC or damage the company's reputation.In particular, these conditions exclude the use of the image material for publications that serve the purpose of self-promotion or marketing of goods and services by third-party natural persons or legal entities other than the users specified in Item 3 above. The downloading of images for these purposes is not permitted. Any distortion of the copyright-protected image material in words, pictures or any other form is not permitted. The user of the image material bears responsibility for the text accompanying the images.
- Editing, redesign or modification of the image material is prohibited. The only exceptions to this condition are color corrections, cropping and resizing (image enlargements/reductions) or changes to image resolution that may be necessitated by the specific media used.
- When using/publishing the image material, the source must always be specified in accordance with the law on copyright and related property rights (German Copyright Act, Section 13 "Recognition of authorship"): “Source: VITRONIC" or "Source: VITRONIC; photo: first name and last name of the photographer".
- Users must themselves observe the personal, copyright, trademark and other property rights of the persons, works, objects and symbols depicted. In the event that these rights are violated, the user shall be exclusively liable to pay damages to third parties.
- Users must delete the downloaded image material immediately after use. Storage of the image material for archiving purposes, any passing-on of the image material to a third party and, in particular, placement of the image material in digital (image) databases or online networks, as well as photographing of the image material are not permitted. The same applies to third parties, such as printing companies that are engaged by the user to undertake the task of reproduction in accordance with these terms and conditions. The image material must be deleted immediately following reproduction.
- In accordance with Section 25 of the German Publishing Act, VITRONIC must be immediately furnished with a voucher copy (print) following use or publication of the image material as proof of use in accordance with the agreed conditions. This proof is to be sent unsolicited and at no cost to VITRONIC to the following address: VITRONIC Dr.-Ing. Stein Bildverarbeitungssysteme GmbH, Marketing Department, Hasengartenstraße 14, 65189 Wiesbaden. Alternatively, in the case of digital use, a link (online) or screenshot (multimedia) is to be sent via e-mail to marketing(at)vitronic.com. If this proof is not furnished, VITRONIC reserves the right to revoke the right of use. The user shall be liable for any costs and damages incurred.
- A violation of these conditions of use constitutes a violation of the rights of VITRONIC and, where applicable, the rights of third parties. The user shall be liable for any damages arising from such a use of the image material in breach of the law or of the conditions as agreed. The user shall be liable for fulfilling all obligations arising from these conditions of use in cases where the image material has been made available to third parties or where third parties have been granted access to the image material.
- The image material must only be used in accordance with these conditions of use. All infringements will be prosecuted. In the event of private or commercial use of the image material that violates the conditions agreed, VITRONIC and any third-party right-holders shall be entitled to additional claims in accordance with normal market remuneration. Furthermore, VITRONIC reserves the right to assert all legal claims, in particular claims for damages.
- VITRONIC reserves the right to revoke the rights of use at any time, without prior notice and without providing a reason. The user shall not be entitled to make any claims against VITRONIC in this regard.
- The sole place of jurisdiction for users of the image material shall be Wiesbaden, Germany. German law applies; the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is excluded.
The conditions of use shall be considered accepted by the user when the copyright-protected files are downloaded. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions: marketing(at)vitronic.com