The VITUS 3D Body Scanner Generates High Resolution and True to Scale 3D Color Scans.
With 20 years of experience in the field of body scanning, VITRONIC is among the pioneers of fast, automatic 3D measuring of the human body.
The 3D body scanners in the VITUS product range, with a remarkably short scanning process of a few seconds, enable high-precision three-dimensional recording of body measurements. Based on the contact-free creation of a digital image of the person, an array of relevant anthropometric data can be automatically derived. The entirely optical scan process is harmless to health and eyes.
The quality of readings taken satisfies scientifically verifiable criteria. The results of the scan, including all data, can be accessed immediately after the scan process. All 3D scans can be provided as OBJ or STL files within a very short amount of time.
Depending on the area of use different versions of VITUS body scanners are available. Please contact our sales staff for more details.
Areas of Use
- 3D Scan for 3D Printing: Color 3D Scan for miniaturization of humans or animals as 3D figurines (sometimes called “3D mini-me”, “3D selfies”)
- Ergonomics: Design planning for vehicle interiors, design of workplaces
- 3D Scan for Customized Clothing: tailor-made ladies wear and mens wear
- Medicine, Orthopedics & Sports: posture analysis, determination of spinal column curvature, follow-up of therapeutic measures, anthropometric research, performance diagnosis, training progression, determination of build
- Virtual Reality: digital animation of the human body, digitalization of pieces of art
3D Measurement Principle
VITUS uses laser triangulation to take 3D measurements. This process includes a projected laser line and a camera looking at the laser line from an angle. Sensors move vertically during the scan, acquiring high resolution 3D data in just a few short seconds.
Deputy Sales Director
Would you like to learn more
about our solutions and services?
or call us at
+49 611 7152 156
Visit us at the trade show:
Shortly we will inform you again about the current exhibition dates.
- Contact-free, three-dimensional capturing of human bodies in just a few seconds
- Reliable documentation and measurement system for treatments, surgeries,
rehabilitation measures, success in training, etc.
- Performs diverse measurements and calculations, e.g. volume, surface areas,
lengths, angles, girths, body measurements, heights and distances
- Clinically tested precision and measurement reproducibility
- Less work and lower costs than manual measurement or capturing with
- No health risks
- Highest quality and reliability thanks to over 20 years' of experience in the
development and production of 3D body scanners
|Measurement principle||Optical double triangulation|
|Number of sensor heads||8|
|Interface||LAN, USB 2.0|
|Measurement accuracy||Average max. circumference
errors significant < 1 mm
|Scan time||approx. 9 to 14 s|
|Point density||300 points / cm³|
Height x Width x Depth
2,1 m x 1,2 m x 1,2 m