Optimized Goods Handling: Identify Barcodes and 2D Codes Accurately and Efficiently with VITRONIC Technology
Each and every day, retailers, industrial and pharmaceutical companies, mail order companies, and textile and sports goods manufacturers need to place different goods in stock and pick, sort and ship them. Huge cost savings can potentially be made in these processes. The company's goal is to optimize the flow of goods and automate handling as far as possible.
For this reason, shipping is no longer recorded manually in most cases. Scanners are still often used to identify goods shipments. In this context, VITRONIC offers a better solution for faster and more reliable recording of goods and codes:
Camera-Based Code Reading
As well as standard barcodes, the system identifies more complex 2D codes and can even read multiple codes simultaneously (multicode reading), accurately and at high conveyor speeds.
It makes no difference whether the goods are being handled manually or on conveyor belts. VITRONIC has the ideal solution for every handling scenario.
Benefits Compared with Conventional Barcode Scanners:
- VIPAC identifies all standard barcodes and 2D codes at conveyor speeds of up to 4.5 m/s
- shorter throughput and delivery times
- enables significantly improved performance
- multicode reading
- top read rates due to better resolution and excellent image quality
- identifies partially damaged or obscured codes
- reads codes with poor print quality, and even barcodes as small as 2mm
- reads codes behind foils
- captures every side of the item, regardless of how it is positioned
- online or offline video coding possible
- web-based monitoring possible
- read results documented and archived
- outputs meaningful statistics and logs
Compared with barcode scanners, VITRONIC's reading system generates images that are archived for the purposes of documentation, as a record for clients and suppliers, and inbound and outbound goods inspections. Archived data can also be used to analyze the identification process.
Sales Manager, Logistics Division
Would you like to learn more
about our solutions and services?
or call us at
+49 611 7152 221
Visit us at the trade show:
- global network and service support
- 30 years' experience in industrial machine vision systems
- VITRONIC offers turnkey systems, custom solutions and standard products
- if your requirements increase in the future, the modular design of VITRONIC's solutions will enable you to upgrade systems quickly and easily
- hardware and software from a single source
- we have handled major international projects
- renowned clients, such as Adidas, H&M, Tommy Hilfiger, Marco Polo, Footlocker, Skechers, Macy´s (US), Marie Claire, Bonita, Henkel, Abott, Medco (US), Preh, Schenker, Baur mail order, HIS mail order, Klingel